Our Society Library is open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 1 pm until 5 pm
Please call the library at (734) 374-8774 with any questions or to confirm hours.
You may also Email the DRGS Library email@example.com.
The Library collection is housed at the Taylor Community Library located at 12303 Pardee Road, between Northline and Goddard.
WiFi, Ancestry Library Edition, and HeritageQuest are through the Taylor Community Library.
The holdings of the Downriver Genealogical Library include:
- Family histories both professionally published and privately done by our members.
- Ancestry chart books
- Wyandotte and Taylor death records
- Various downriver cemeteries
- Materials on the 17 communities encompassed by the Downriver Genealogical Society
- City directories for selected downriver communities
- Death, marriage and anniversary notices from local newspapers
- 1910-1940 microfilm for the Southeastern Michigan area
- Early Woodmere Cemetery transcriptions were done by our society
- Complete Holy Cross Cemetery transcriptions done by our society
- Research guides, genealogy how-to’s, military materials, immigration and passenger lists, and many national and local genealogical periodicals
- European research materials
- Materials for French Canadian research – including Tanguay, Denissen, and Jette’
- Many local high school yearbooks