Our Library is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1pm until 5 p.m.
Call the library at 734-374-8774 with any questions or to confirm hours.
You may also Email the DRGS Library at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Library collection is housed at the Taylor Public Library located at 12303 Pardee Road, between Northline and Goddard.
WI-FI through the Taylor Commmunity Library.
The holdings of the Downriver Genealogical Library include:
- Family histories both professionally published and privately done by our members.
- Ancestry chart books
- Wyandotte and Taylor death records
- Various downriver cemeteries
- Materials on the 17 communities encompassed by the Downriver Genealogical Society
- City directories for selected downriver communities
- Death, marriage and anniversary notices from local newspapers
- 1910-1940 microfilm for the Southeastern Michigan area
- Early Woodmere Cemetery transcriptions done by our society
- Complete Holy Cross Cemetery transcriptions done by our society
- Research guides, genealogy how-to’s, military materials, immigration and passenger lists, and many national and local genealogical periodicals
- European research materials
- Materials for French Canadian research – including Tanguay, Denissen, and Jette’
- Many local high school yearbooks
Card catalog of death notices.
Black binders are local obits; white binders are local marriages.
Europe, Canada and miscellaneous reference books.
United States & Wayne County, Michigan & Detroit.
United States Books.